Anyone Using Hupsp?

bast525

Been trying this emu on my PSP as opposed to original pce psp emu.

HuE or whatever it's called

Seems to run much better, but the only problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to access any sort of options menu, or how to even get back out to the rom selection menu once playing a game.

Can someone please tell me how? I've tried all the buttons + analog nub in all directions... very frustrating and I can't imagine that it doesn't have any sort of menu....

bast525 posted on Aug 22 2005 at 06:59 AM said:
Been trying this emu on my PSP as opposed to original pce psp emu.

HuE or whatever it's called

Seems to run much better, but the only problem is, I can't for the life of me figure out how to access any sort of options menu, or how to even get back out to the rom selection menu once playing a game.

Can someone please tell me how? I've tried all the buttons + analog nub in all directions... very frustrating and I can't imagine that it doesn't have any sort of menu....

I dont know the psp very well, does the analogue stick click in like the ps2 L3 button?
cos if it does, try that

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a hard time believing that NO one here has used or is using HuE PSP....

Been using pce psp all the time, Seems fast enough, Has saves etc. What does Huepsp have over pce psp to make me want to try it ?, Just curious.

Trooper

Okay I figured it out. You have to hold select and hit the L shoulder button. HuE PSP is great but the button configuration sucks....

trooper posted on Aug 22 2005 at 05:22 PM said:
Been using pce psp all the time, Seems fast enough, Has saves etc. What does Huepsp have over pce psp to make me want to try it ?, Just curious.

Trooper

Actually, HuE PSP seems to be quite a bit better. It's faster, for one... there were a few games on PCEP that needed to run at FS 1 to run fullspeed (like Batman and I think Splatterhouse?), and many more games needed to run at FS1 if you turned the 'shadowing' option on to smooth the picture. HuE PSP seems to run all games at fullspeed with FS 0, with filtering on or not. Also, HuE PSP has a Vsync option, so no more screen tearing. Also, HuE PSP looks MUCH smoother... in PCEP even with shadowing on, the image looked a little jagged/pixely, whereas the filtering in HuE is much smoother, looks very nice. I would DEFINATELY recommend switching to HuE.

HuE supports savestates, SRAM saves, zipped rom support, CD Rom games, all the same like PCEP does. Only thing that really sucks in HuE as mentioned above, is that the button configuration options are limited and kinda suck. All six of the PSP's buttons can only be mapped to controller buttons... whereas PCEP you could map buttons to things like quicksaving or quick toggling of video modes, whatever. HuE psp does support full six button control though, so should work great for Street Fighter II... though I dont know if it supports large roms so SF might not work... I haven't had a chance to try it. I'm assuming they wouldn't have put 6 button support if it couldn't play SF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back