Anyone Else Into Sushi?

Spykez

So after years of thinking it's disgusting etc, my GF finally got me to try it a month or so ago cause she's in love with it.

Wow is it yummy

It's really not as extreme as I had thought it was after all these years. Philly rolls, california rolls and crunchy rolls are the best!

Sushi is one of my all time favorites. I finally got my wife to enjoy some recently as well, and now she's hooked. There's a tiny Sushi bar in my hometown, whose proprietor is a freaking artist! My personal favorite roll is barbecued eel and asparagus. If you haven't tried it yet, Edamame (steamed soy beans in the pod, with sea salt) goes great with any meal.

i was really into the cali rolls for a while and I got a kick out of the neon orange shit that was on them till they told me it was fish eggs, while they have no taste and I used to enjoy em, now im just weirded out by em. There was this sushi place by her house that got a new kind of roll call the rainbow roll and had some tropical tuna or something but the eggs were neon green. She tried em and about threw up.

The crunchy rolls this place makes are my absolute fav, the normal rice and shit on the outside but coated in those flakes I forget how to spell em, tempurka? or something like that. The inside has like cooked crab legs with mango's, apples, avacado and has spicy mayo and some other brown sauce on it.

I love Sushi, but now I can't eat any type of seafood without literally getting sick. Which is a shame, because I love seafood, especially sushi, shrimp, and tuna.

MMmmm.. chirashi.

My three favorite sushi joints, in no particular order:

New Tokyo in Marina, CA (Everything was extremely fresh and tender, even the squid!)
Midori Sushi in Austin, TX (The Boca Raton roll is awesome)
Yoshi in Hammersmith, London, UK (A little less artsy, more traditional, but extremely well prepared)

If you're ever in any of these places, I highly recommend stopping by

Favorites are the salmon, california roll with unagi on top, a big pile of thinly sliced lightly seared sea steak on a bed of finely cut radish curls smothered in chili sauce and don't forget the edamame with a couple sapporo beers.

I do like sushi and sushimi but cannot eat it everyday though. I forever change the range of food I eat as I get bored with similar tastes and textures. My palette is quite extensive and avoid if possible plastic foods (Ready made meals and pub food). I'm not one for dining in expensive restaurants but to experiment with food as much as possible in my kitchen and making improvements to recipes from different sources. LOL, a bit snobbish I think.
huh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back