Anybody interested in porting....

andyhamer

I would love to see some of the Kenta Cho/ABA Game creations on Pandora: Mu-Cade, Noiz2sa, Gunroar, Tumiki Fighters, Mazer Mayhem, Geartoy Gear, Titanion and the like.

As far as i know all his stuff is open source & freeware (feel free to correct me, if i am wrong) the aesthetics of these games seem to me to be a perfect fit for the Pandora (and the music is usually pretty good too)

Any interested coding wizards? (fingers crossed)

What do you think out there in community land?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the games you mentioned are not possible, as they are written in D, for which no compiler exists for ARM. Noiz2sa might see a port, but the rest, eh even Geartoy gear, well that uses parts of the MS XNA framework.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see some of the Kenta Cho/ABA Game creations on Pandora: Mu-Cade, Noiz2sa, Gunroar, Tumiki Fighters, Mazer Mayhem, Geartoy Gear, Titanion and the like.

As far as i know all his stuff is open source & freeware (feel free to correct me, if i am wrong) the aesthetics of these games seem to me to be a perfect fit for the Pandora (and the music is usually pretty good too)

Any interested coding wizards? (fingers crossed)

What do you think out there in community land?

I second this

I was mates with Stu and Andy over at Ovine By Design (the creators of the CHOLO remake). Haven't spoken to them for a long while though. IIRC the CHOLO game was coded in Blitz 3D. Even if the source was available, porting it to Pandora would mean a complete rewrite, based on the Blitz3D code. GLBasic would be the tool of choice for that, as they are similar. Andy Hewitt has coded with GLB too, so he'd be the best person to speak to about it.

Unfortunately that was a long time ago now and they are now a commercial partnership, having released a number of games for iOS - http://ax.search.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/search?entity=software&media=all&restrict=false&submit=seeAllLockups&term=ovine+by+design

Back