Sales Any slight possiblity of extra units?

Cameron300ZXTT

Still Fresh
Hi,

The Pandora caught my eye about 2 weeks before it's release, and I eagerly did my research on it. Looked pretty solid. However, I held off dutifully to keep a little extra money in the bank.

My question, is that now that I have committed my funds to the side for this device, is there any possibility of extra units coming out of this manufacturing batch? I was just thinking there would probably be some extra units made, since some units that come from the factory might be tested "doa", and as such would need to be replaced with another working unit. If units are made 1:1 to match order numbers, that would leave some unlucky few perhaps without devices.

Basically, is there any chance that I can put my name on a list before December to order and receive one of these by the end of the year? You know, just in case there are any leftovers from this batch?

-Cam

That's what I was figuring.

Drawing straws here, but maybe there will be a system set-up or select few units offered directly through the site in the case of canceled pre-orders and such?

Here's to hoping!

-Cam

Cameron300ZXTT said:
That's what I was figuring.

Drawing straws here, but maybe there will be a system set-up or select few units offered directly through the site in the case of canceled pre-orders and such?

Here's to hoping!

-Cam
No.

I thought I recalled Craig or someone saying that you can get in on the first batch if someone cancels their order (they'll just resell the person's place in line)?

Azure said:
I thought I recalled Craig or someone saying that you can get in on the first batch if someone cancels their order (they'll just resell the person's place in line)?
If they do sell the units left due to canceled preorders, it'd be more likely that you'd be placed at the end of the queue. After all, you would have ordered well after everyone else.

SteveM said:
Azure said:
If they do sell the units left due to canceled preorders, it'd be more likely that you'd be placed at the end of the queue. After all, you would have ordered well after everyone else.

Yes but it's not a question of punishment... it is ?

If someone cancels his order, it's still better to sell the unit to someone else and take some money rather than to have it in stock no ?

Yeah I speak like this because as many I heard too late about the preorder <_<

Cancel pre-order? It's not like the 'due date' comes and we don't have the cash on hand. The product has already been paid for. I doubt anyone is going to suddenly decide 'you know what? I don't really want it.'

Don't mean to sound like a total kill joy. I'm a fan of optimism, but not a big supporter of false hope.

yeah... I think you right too <_<
I will wait the next shipment anyway !

Back