Release Any Amstrad PCW lovers in da house?

S

StreaK

Any Amstrad PCW lovers in da house?

Just compiled a Joyce / Anne emu for Pandora but i have a lot of problems with these freaky setups and FDD images for Joyce / Anne emulator.

Anybody could help with that?

The problem is: i cannot find any proper working DSK images for these emulators.

I tried this emulator on linux-X86. Searched and found a bootfile.emj that needed to be in ~/Joyce/Boot/, searched for "amstrad","pcw","roms" and found few images. So i tried an english game named "Corsarios" and it ran. Not sure if it ran accurate: Screen was monochrome (black&white), control was clumsy (q,w,o,p,space), sound was not present (except for a few clicks. not sure what amstrad pcw can do) and i didn't exactly get anywhere before been beaten up.

Ah, forgot to mention that i used the command-line "./joyce -a <gamefile-name>", which was a .dsk-file

Last edited by a moderator:
how about DSK boot image for this?

I don't know about the license of these disk-files. So I won't post the link. But I found a "pcw8256d.zip" containing disks, that might be what you are searching for. ;)

EDIT: Must mention, that i don't know much about Amstrad - so it might be wrong stuff.

Ok.. finally i boot'd one game, and figure out that games for PCW on DSK are self-bootable, so theres to req to use DSK BOOT firstly [and there was no information about it in doc (couldnt find it.)]. Anyway, thx Lomax. Thanks to You i save some time [and frustration with this emu..]

Last edited:
I had one of these, I was always interested in seeing the games on it as we didn't have any, it was only use for WP, however someone has just uploaded lots of games footage on youtube (finally!), looks like just Spectrum ports which works quite well due to the 1 bit video ram.

I used to have an Amstrad PPC640 laptop.. That thing was like 21 pounds without the batteries (10 C-sized batteries).. I hope their game system was better than that laptop..

Big laptops [especially from late 80's] are like chubby girls. You need to love 'em or hate 'em.. :)

I will be happy to test this out for you and provide feedback, can you post the .pnd to your facebook wall?

Thanks!

Back