Anti-reflective Coating/film?

hired gun

Hey gang I never gave this much thought, but reading some old posts on a Spanish Gp32 site they seemed to be saying that the Gp32 has a "anti-reflective" coating on the screen that is the cause that the screen looks darker than the Gp2x and that it can somehow be removed without damaging the console in any way. After comparing my Gp2x to the Gp32, I do notice the screen on the Gp32 to seem "dark" so if there is some kind of "anti-relective" coating that comes on the screen I would consider removing it if possible. Some emus just seem to run better on the Gp32 than the Gp2x (IMO) and I'd give it more use if the screen was brighter. Can anyone confirm that the screen has some kind of anti-reflective coating that can be removed without damaging the screen in any way. Also if it's not too much to ask, if anyone has already done this, could I get some tips on how to remove it. Thank's in advance, H.G.

Before attempting to alter the GP32's screen, take into account that the Blu has a significantly dimmer backlight than the MK2, and the MK2 screen produces more striking colours with a stronger contrast than the Blu's screen.

GP32's anti-reflective coating can be removed with Windex or a similar glass cleaner. It doesn't really help with reflecting things anyway, it just makes the reflections look purple. Just be thorough or you'll wind up with a streaky purple mess. Also, the plastic itself has a yellow tint to it on some units, which is what caused me to replace mine with glass.

jmetal88 said:
GP32's anti-reflective coating can be removed with Windex or a similar glass cleaner. It doesn't really help with reflecting things anyway, it just makes the reflections look purple. Just be thorough or you'll wind up with a streaky purple mess. Also, the plastic itself has a yellow tint to it on some units, which is what caused me to replace mine with glass.
Thanks for clearing that up. Now I know that it does exist and can be removed!!! Since you've already done it, I'd like to know if there is really a big enough difference to warrant removing it. If there is a big difference I'd be more than willing to take it off. If it's really not that noticable, I think I can probably just learn to live with it. thanks, H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion yes it is well worth it to replace the screen with clear plexi or glass it makes everything a lot clearer there are a few guids on how to take out the old cover and such i replaced min with plexi and dont regret it but you have to make sure you dont get any dust traped on the screen.

Bourbon

Back