Anpan!

Aninhumer

Guy with scary face.
Website
Visit site
I've been working on a script to convert the game files for the CLANNAD Visual Novel to a format playable with the Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine.
I was looking at porting the xclannad interpreter to Pandora, but when I had to manually caste some variables to even get it to compile on x86 and couldn't get it to compile on amd64 at all, I decided I'd leave it alone. (I later found RLVM which may work okay, but I've started now :p )
Note that most of the Reverse Engineering work has already been done by the developers of RLDev, all I'm doing is converting the bytecode assembly it spits out into Ren'Py scripts.

Currently it seems to work fine with backgrounds, characters, music and voices.
The menus and text window are still the default Ren'Py ones, and I'm working on those next.
(wrestling more with Ren'Py than CLANNAD, it's not the best documented toolkit.)

I still need to clean my script up, as it relies on directories being laid out how I have them, and files already being extracted, so it's not really suitable to distribute yet.

I've decided to call it Anpan! because it's aimed at the Pandora, and because:

(The hyperlink is for definitions in the translated script, I'm hoping to format it differently, and allow them to be disabled)

I love anpan as well! Keep working on this, I look forward to finally giving Clannad a try.

Back