Another Possible Fix For Usb Connection

dabski

Still Fresh
I recently tried accessing my SD card through the USB connection on the GP2X (In hope that the new firmware had somehow fixed the USB problem despite the fact that is did not say anything about it), this had never worked before but I tried anyway and to my surprise this time it worked! I was'nt sure what I had changed to get it working and the next day it did'nt work again... The only thing that I had changed from when it was working was that I was using the transformer instead of the batteries which I usually do. After trying it with the batteries it worked again! :D

So to all you people who were using the transformer when trying the USB connection you are in luck, instead use ordinary batteries and you might get lucky like I did.

I do'nt know why I did not pick this up sooner since I had noticed that the GP2X sound quality is not very good but when using the transformer it suddenly sounds a LOT better, it actually has some base!

I hav'nt looked at any of the GP2X circuits or opened it up to do some voltage tests but I am guessing that the batteries are either connected differently in the GP2X than the DC power adaptor or that the power adaptor can that supplies 3.3V @ 2.0A somehow causes the GP2X to function slightly differently.

If this works for you please reply to this topic so that I can confirm if it is just a fluk with mine or if this is a common thing.

Purist posted on Oct 27 2006 at 09:43 AM said:
That doesn't happen for me because my $5 ac adapter is 3V @ 1A, which is the same as batteries.

I got the adaptor supplied by GPH made for the GP2X, do you get an increse in sound quality when using the adaptor compared to when using batteries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back