Anorexia Site..

Apeiron

NWS​

While talking to a class mate today about my Final Major Project, she brought up this site...
Starving for Perfection
I viewed it just now, It's a support group for Anorexic people, gives them idols and rules to obey but also apparently supports people trying to escape thier disorder.
As in the topic title I warn about disturbing images, there is nothing violent but just very sickly weak looking people.
I do recommend reading Letter from Ana and viewing some images from the bone gallery.
I'm not a 100% sure why I posted this but felt an urge to share.

Its not that bad only a few boney gals and guys in there. They need to eat somemore vegetables thats all...

Drak posted on May 7 2005 at 05:00 AM said:
Its not that bad only a few boney gals and guys in there. They need to eat somemore vegetables thats all...
Did you look at the right gallery? There's a "normal" gallery and a "bone" gallery...

Makes me think of the holocaust, personally. :(

I wonder which countries are the most likely to suffer from this problem? In some nations it barely happens at all (I think I saw a study once about it) so it must be largely a cultural thing.

The flip side to this coin is the "FA" group (fat admirers). In some cultures they're the DOMINANT group, but ironically not in the US, which has the highest percentage of obesity. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone please tell me, what Anorexia is? I don`t know.

EDIT: Oh wait, after looking at the pictures and reading around the site, I know now.
We call it Magersucht, right?

Quiest posted on May 8 2005 at 08:36 AM said:
Can anyone please tell me, what Anorexia is? I don`t know.

EDIT: Oh wait, after looking at the pictures and reading around the site, I know now.
We call it Magersucht, right?
I think so...
@Drak, the "normal" section is quite normal, but look at the "bones" section... (eeeel)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back