Analogue nt-mini [another NES console]

Hmm a Cyclone V seems a bit overkill for just NES emulation.

Possibly, unless he's considering additional cores at a later date that might require extra space. Also, I don't really have any comparison material, but could increased accuracy lead to an increased core size? I imagine it must have some effect
I would really like to finish my gameboy core at some point, I hit a few roadblocks and not really spent the time looking into them

The video out is enjoyable.
  • HDMI 1080p/720p/480p
  • RGB, Component, S-Video and Composite
  • NTSC (60Hz) and PAL(50Hz) support
  • Lag free, zero signal degradation

Nice option, and I can't help admitting I'm a tad jealous about Kevtris bringing in other core capabilities. Makes me wonder what kind of Retron-style multi-console FPGA could really be feasible.

I like the design of the analogue consoles, but they are sooooooo overpriced. 450$ for a NES console? no thanks...

Same with his neogeo MVS conversions, where he takes a 40 euro mvs board, slaps a couple of connectors and a sleek case onto it and boom: 600 euros...

not worth it...

Seems well done at least, it has a truckload of options for customization O_O

yeah the designs are ace. still incredibly overpriced... and people complain about the pyras price.

I have seen the video review without sound (PC for work...) and I can't understand if the others not-nintendo emulations are supported by default or if the reviewers added something extra...

... in the official site there is no speak about everything else except for NES, and seems so strange to me these possibilities are not listed

(also, I didn't even know 1080p CRT were in existence O_O)

I have seen the video review without sound (PC for work...) and I can't understand if the others not-nintendo emulations are supported by default or if the reviewers added something extra...

... in the official site there is no speak about everything else except for NES, and seems so strange to me these possibilities are not listed

(also, I didn't even know 1080p CRT were in existence O_O)

I think you mean this - There's a 'evil pirated firmware' [as referred to as] made by Kevtris, which allows to play copied roms and other systems.
It's not official, but Analogue say that is will not void your warranty.
You know when you're running that firmware, by the skull n crossbones in the corner - which you would've seen in the ^ review from Game Sack

A bit more about that is here, which you can read, if at work and can't have audio;
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-analogue-nt-mini-review

Since its release, Kevtris has made available a custom jailbroken firmware designed to expand the available features of the system. Analogue itself does not support the use of custom firmware but insists that using it will not void your warranty. The firm considers the system as unbrickable, you'll be covered if you run into problems.
Once you load the custom firmware, the first notable feature is enhanced NES support. A CopyNES function is made available allowing users to duplicate their original cartridges - a key feature for preservation of software. You can also load ROM files directly from the SD card and listen to NSF music files allowing you to enjoy NES soundtracks without jumping into a specific game.
Beyond that, the custom firmware also includes several addition cores that enable the FPGA to duplicate the functionality of other 8-bit consoles. This enables support for the Sega Master System, Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Atari 2600 and Colecovision with the promise of additional cores in the future. Based on our testing, these systems all behave as you would expect, though the Game Boy Color core is still a work in progress. The option to play all of these systems via RGB or HDMI with such accuracy is a remarkable feature and greatly enhances the value of the Nt Mini. The cores currently load ROM files from the SD card but there is the possibility of cartridge adapters being made available enabling users to play real carts from these systems.

Back