An Unbeliveable Sonic (Fan) Remake (Demo) Game ...

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Damn,

Just came across this :

the demo only contains 3 levels and it uses unity... It looks darn good, just look at the youtube movie !
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEd6s5S4hJI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

PS. i'm not certain if someone posted it before !

the demo can be downloaded here :
http://sonicfanremix.com/

and a thread about this game is availible here :
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=19981

I played it on my mac and it was awesome...

I love how SEGA fails while some random Joe totally suceeds at giving the masses what they want/deserve...

This game looks awesome, but it runs at about two frames per second on the lowest resolution and quality settings. What's up with that? Oh yeah, Windows 7. None of my good games run on Windows 7 properly!

EDIT:

It's pretty much the same in Windows XP... something is wrong here. You'd think a computer that can emulate Dreamcast games no-problem would be able to play this. 1.59GHz Intel Atom processor w/ 1GB RAM.

Just played it and it's pretty cool! The graphics are pretty, the tunes are good and it feels like a faithful remake. My only 'problem' with it is you can't really see much. It would have been nicer if you could see more of the level and baddies/sonic were a bit smaller. Is this going to be made into a full game or is this it?

Yeah, holy crap, SEGA should do something like this instead of those lame Sonic RPGs those 10 people like so much.

second exodous said:
Yeah, holy crap, SEGA should do something like this instead of those lame Sonic RPGs those 10 people like so much.
They have done just that. A couple of days ago, Sonic 4 was released and it's a blast! Can't wait for the next episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this! :D
Sonic 2 Emerald Hill was a great stage and I liked it more than Green Hill from Sonic 1. Music was also a nice tune and the Remix sounds even better. This remake can compare with the nice Sonic 4 that SEGA launched.

Fishbong said:
second exodous said:
They have done just that. A couple of days ago, Sonic 4 was released and it's a blast! Can't wait for the next episode.
Does Sonic 4 comes for PC? ;)

Well I want so see such a game onto my Pandora...NOW! ^^"""

tumblr_l3bjzlWAh81qzyou9o1_500.jpg

:D

Fishbong said:
fusion_power said:
Does Sonic 4 comes for PC? ;)
I'm told the Wii version runs very nicely on Dolphin, provided you have a decent computer and are willing and able to pirate the .wad
making these modern games run is to complicated for me. I know "Dolphin" but I don't pirate these Games, even if I have a fast PC. ^^
Ti wouldn't hurt anyone when SEGA makes a PC Version of Sonic 4, they did this in the past with some of their games. :)

fusion_power said:
making these modern games run is to complicated for me. I know "Dolphin" but I don't pirate these Games, even if I have a fast PC. ^^
Install the homebrew channel on your Wii, there's some backup utilities you can use to create ISOs of the games you own, thus ...
you don't own a Wii, do you? Nevermind then. :(

WizardStan said:
fusion_power said:
Install the homebrew channel on your Wii, there's some backup utilities you can use to create ISOs of the games you own, thus ...
you don't own a Wii, do you? Nevermind then. :(
If I had a Wii, I wouldn't need Dolphin at all. :lol:

fusion_power said:
If I had a Wii, I wouldn't need Dolphin at all. :lol:
Yeah, I considered that halfway through writing the response, but figured it could be at least partially salvaged.
Actually though, if you have a friend with a homebrew enabled Wii, you could buy the game and use your friends Wii to make the backup?

Anybody considered contacting this guy to try and arrange a Pandora port?

Pleng said:
Anybody considered contacting this guy to try and arrange a Pandora port?
It barley runs full Speed at my Core 2 Quad with 2.66GHz each processor. :D I doubt with the used engine we will see this game onto the Pandora.
However I'm sure a full Pandora optimized, dedicated Game could have such a graphic Quality without any problems. :) See what Coders can do with the NDS which is not even close as powerful as the Pandora is.
Problem again is of course, nobody optimizes the Games anymore at least so it seems. Otherwise this 2D Game would perform better onto my PC. I don't know what Skills the "unity" engine has but it looks again like a performance wasting-bloated PC-only thing far away from running onto ARM driven Devices. :(

But we still can dream, can we? ^^

Yea I just read about the Unity engine. And there's no likelihood of tha coming to Pandora anytime soon anyway!

Maybe we could get a scaled down version? That would still be pretty sweet. There would need to be definite changes, though ;)

Pleng said:
Yea I just read about the Unity engine. And there's no likelihood of tha coming to Pandora anytime soon anyway!

Back