Amazon Luna - cloud gaming Bezos-style

May work good when your Internet is fast enough, but as some members of the German Pandora Boards used still a Modem and did moan when you post a bigger Picture, (this was about 2010), i dont think whe are ready for Cloud Gaming yet..

I also dotnt have a good Connection somethimes, and some months ago, i ditnt had Stationary Internet at all because there was some sort of a Issue, so i had to use my "Infinity 4G Plan" .. i made some weeks bevor...

You cant beliefe how many GB your Traffic summs up when you are watching a lot Streaming Series..

I think this is a good thing. I'll never use it. But, more competing game platforms is good for consumers.

I just wonder if it's using Windows or Linux under the hood. If it's Linux, then that also could be good...

I guess it's probably using linux under the hood on the server, because it's cheap and performant. Nobody who could drive linux would ever pay for windows for servers under their own control I reckon. But I'll just note it doesn't actually support linux on the end user devices unless you count fire os as being a linux, or are happy with web services, because it lists PC, Mac, Fire TV and web services for mobile on the landing page.

But I'll just note it doesn't actually support linux on the end user

I personally don't care about that as I mentioned, I'll never use it. However if they help, as a by-product, Linux gaming (and certainly alternatives to Windows gaming), then I'm all for it.

Explore action, adventure, platformer, indie, shooter, RPG, racing, and classic games from Ubisoft, Capcom, 505 Games, and Team 17 — and we're always adding more.

That sounds more like mobile gaming to me than AAA PC windows gaming, but I hope I'm wrong. Those already are free from the hands of Bill.

These are things only for casual gamers, but 5€/month is damn cheap for that selection.

Back