Am I Doing Something Wrong?

PSyMastR

\m/O__O\m/
Website
Visit site
Through the TV-cables, isn't the GP2x supposed to output full resolution (NTSC) if the video supports it, as my videos are all 640x480 which is standard resolution, and the gp2x outputs 320x240. Im on firmware 2.1.1 using the official media player (one that is built into firmware).

The video has subtitles and is 640x480, on the TV, the subtitles are squashed, and look the same as on the gp2x's screen, which is proof its outputting at 320x240.

How are you launching mplayer, official menu or something else? TV out should set a true NTSC screen according to the driver code, and mplayer sets NTSC parameters if called correctly (again, according to the mplayer code). And as Vimacs says, 640x480 isn't NTSC (720x480 is) so you will get some scaling.

720x480? Well then, there should be no problem then, Im launching TV out through the official menu and then the video player from the official menu. But, it outputs at 320x240, as my TV is a HDTV LCD, and I put it on true size mode, as it makes it pixel for pixel in size with the thing, and its only 320x240. Hmmm...

I even tried on another HDTV thats a CRT and it is also the 320x240.

Firmware 2.1.1 MK1 Official Menu, Official Video Player, Official TV-Out cables.

I've got a usb video capture / dvb adapter arriving next week so I can finally work on tv out without having to bring a tv downstairs all the time. When it get's here I'll look into this.

Back