Am I Allowed To...

markusdragon

FI5H Agent
Website
Visit site
If anyone's been following my activity on the boards, THEN STOP STALKING ME <_< .
If you haven't, however, and you haven't been to GP32 theatre lately, you probably won't have noticed that I've been working my arse off downloading Public Domain movies for conversion to the format that works in GPcinema.
While I've been doing this I've come across some interesting films, which leads me to the question; if I'm going to have them uploaded to GPcinema, am I allowed to review them on the reviews board?

:blink: I didn`t notice that you are actually doing this.

So, who`s stalking you?
I didn`t see a single post about your movie downloading/ripping... just curious...

And why shouldn`t you be allowed to review them? There are reviews for everything, homebrew, emus, roms, mods/fixes, etc...
I think it`s a good idea to review some gp32 movies :)

I think it would probably be ok as long as you mention how it runs on the GP32 & what settings you used (or provide a link to the file).

Oh, and you should really have the link to GP32 Theatre in your sig. If GP32World were still around I'd just go to the links section to find it, but alas... :(

Well, I'm not in charge of GP theatre, I just post them up to a seperate FTP and hope Sam's competent enough to upload them. (No offence intended, Sam :p.)

And I sorted the sig and listed the movies I am downloading/have downloaded. Any comments about it being too large will be met with a knee to the groin ;).

whoa! I really look forward to this martial arts marathon coming out...
oh yeah...none of those movies will fit on a card tho :p

seriously though, I really look forward to this, you'll help me get through my 4 hour labs this semester. :D

keep em coming!

-BobBorakovitz

Btw, I get a timeout the whole morning with www.doomportables.org

Its not just you. This is 'normal'. It seems that many people (myself included) are unable to get to that host. Probably has something to do with IP range, or some other such things that has been blocked for some reason.

Btw, I get a timeout the whole morning with www.doomportables.org.

I have the same problem all the time. ;) Regarding that you are from Germany, too, it could be a problem with T-Online.

markusdragon posted on Apr 3 2005 at 06:48 AM said:
Well, I'm not in charge of GP theatre, I just post them up to a seperate FTP and hope Sam's competent enough to upload them. (No offence intended, Sam :p.)

And I sorted the sig and listed the movies I am downloading/have downloaded. Any comments about it being too large will be met with a knee to the groin ;).
i have dns bug temorarily on monday i will be on a different pc. which is stoppign me uploading the movies till then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that the Reviews section is for games and programs, not movies. You can find movie reviews anywhere. At least when you review emulated games you can say how they run on the GP32, how the controls fit to them, what parts aren't fully working etc. Movies are kind of generic.

hmm... If people are having trouble with the doomportables site, i could provide a mirror for just the latest PD movie uploads, but they'd be split files.

Wonder if my ISP would notice split RAR files :unsure:

EDIT: Which means I have somewhere to review films... Interesting how these things solve themselves through alternate problems.

hey its too do with ips for some reason. I kept disconnectiong my broad band and after redialing twice my ip had changed to one which worked and have now added your cartoons to the animation page. ready for more movies now mr dragon/

Hmm... if its to do with IPs, then people with fixed IP addresses are completely buggered.

Anyways. I'd better start encoding :p. At least half this list is already downloaded, and theres some I didn't mention.

Back