Allegro Input?

jaesond

Still Fresh
Well, the description pretty much asks my question :p

How are the GP2X's buttons mapped in Allegro? I've tried a keyboard test, and I've tried a joystick test, and so far nothing. Are controls even implemented in Allegro, and if they aren't, would it be possible to do it with SDL? If so, can someone point me to some information on it? I'd really appreciate it.

jaesond posted on May 31 2006 at 10:16 PM said:
Well, the description pretty much asks my question :p

How are the GP2X's buttons mapped in Allegro? I've tried a keyboard test, and I've tried a joystick test, and so far nothing. Are controls even implemented in Allegro, and if they aren't, would it be possible to do it with SDL? If so, can someone point me to some information on it? I'd really appreciate it.

Hm, still no answer? Can anyone give me any examples to use SDL for input then, or explain to me how to get it working?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to initialize the joystick, then they should work. See the code for my parallax demo, it uses the joystick.

As far as I can tell the buttons are

0 B
1 X
2 Y
3 A
4 R
5 L
6 Click

There doesn't seem to be any way of reading the volume, start or select buttons, which is a pain when you're trying to add quit and volume control to a game :(

Back