All Controller

interesting config options: Deadzones, Macro's. In-controller menu... not bad.

looks pretty cool. I hope they'll get the dpad right. If I had any money right now, I'd put some aside for the kickstarter, but I'd first like to know from some experienced gamers if it actually delivers. Compatibility is one thing, but the controller actually has to work, too.

Sounds nice but I have a steam Controller and for PC games I still expect the Steam Controller to be superior.
And for my Switch I don't want to use a third party controller as I already have the pro controller and if I need further controllers I'll get an additional pair of Joycons with Project Arms coming in two months.

But if one a lot of consoles and wants to play multiplayer games this might be a nice money saver.

Not bad. I wonder why he filmed all his parts against a green screen though.

He is a Youtuber and normally fims against a green screen. Does video game reviews etc, which is probably what led him to get involved in the making of the all controller

Ok, I checked out the page linked above. It doesn't currently work with any of my consoles, with anticipated future support for only two of them. It doesn't work with most of my computers (hooray for Linux, I guess...never had much problem getting most usb controllers working). I don't really need a controller for the android devices I use for now, which I may no longer use after I get my Pyra.

It is hardly a controller for all of my needs, so the name is misleading. The few places it would be usable for me are better served by things I adjust have (and have had for over a decade).

I guess it is kinda cool for those only interested in new hardware and emulators (as long as they don't care about original controllers...did most of the people playing older console games today even grow up paying those consoles?). Although taking advantage of newer technology is a wonderful idea, sometimes it doesn't last as long as doing things the old way, but I doubt I would really want to play my Atari games with this thing. It seems to me there are lots of ways things could go wrong. Maybe they are making it durable. I would love to take it for a test drive so I could check out the feel and responsiveness. I am assuming software is upgradable based on what I read, but I can't remember if they said it has an easily replaced battery.

The Descendents were better.

Looks like coming in on that secondary clusterbutton has a notch or edge to it.
A widescreen is probably one of the stretch goals, and would make sense for every non-monolingual english (and a few others)-speakers.
But then the screen holder doesn't fit. Then again screens aren't for typing, and the people who think so, will gladly leave out buttons.

Having buttons that are jagged is not ergonomic, and not how ideal membranes actuate. Or you get uneven pivoting. It creates complication if you want to engineer around it.

I wonder if a new top-shell for an existing controller would make more sense.

This would be cool on a dreamcast controller on original screen hardware.

If it has an ethical/environmentally/hacker friendly nature, it would be something to support.

Not sure what you meant with the first line. I agree with the other stuff you said, and thought similar things, notably your last sentence and the screen typing. I actually questioned the idea of having a screen in the controller, but couldn't come up with a better option that would allow for the same flexibility and ease of use when swapping between devices or software. I was thinking a lower power display, like eink, really basic low res (so not as nice looking) mono lcds, or even the segmented displays I can't remember the name of (along the lines of digital clocks or microwaves, or if they can do without an illuminated display, the kind on calculators or cheap digital watches).

One thing they seem to have done right, at least on the prototype, is a non-slick surface. I would prefer a rougher texture, but that is personal preference. The button layout is kinda the de facto standard layout for the last decade or so, but some older consoles don't seem like they would work well with that, especially N64.

About stopped watching when they said it was for PC/MAC as I'm a keyboard/mouse player, but being able to use one controller on every console made? That sold me!

Then again I don't think I'm going to fund a kickstarter like this ever again. I do games and such that have extra pieces for backers but something like this? If it works they'll be in stores everywhere, especially a controller as they're so freaking expensive for an official console explorer anyway.

Keep track on the kickstarter and buy it for 20$ more... If ever it comes out... Less headache, risks and drama for a possible measy 20bucks... And the announced retail price during kickstarter are generally quite ridiculous.

My "All" controller is now my PS4 controller. It works very well on my Android phone, tablet, Windows PC, and PS4.
It is standard bluetooth, charges with micro usb and on the PC I can use the touchpad to control the mouse and it emulates a Xbox controller so is supported by all games with "DS4windows".

But this one looks even more compatible and surprisingly still reasonably priced so I may be interested.

edit: just saw that you actually need a USB dongle for the consoles and the entry level price was for wired only. 100€ for the wireless + dongle (and having to use the dongle) is much less appealing.

Last edited:
I am assuming software is upgradable based on what I read, but I can't remember if they said it has an easily replaced battery.
The FAQ says the battery will be as "easy" to replace as the Dual Shock 3 battery.

The button layout is kinda the de facto standard layout for the last decade or so, but some older consoles don't seem like they would work well with that, especially N64.
FAQ also says they are considering a Sega Saturn button layout witch could be better for Genesis/Mega Drive and N64 and may get me interested in it.

About stopped watching when they said it was for PC/MAC as I'm a keyboard/mouse player, but being able to use one controller on every console made? That sold me!

They have this image on the kickstarter, which implies that you can connect it to a lot more
3a9b828ab5ca34707425240b3c3c307f_original.jpg

They have this image on the kickstarter, which implies that you can connect it to a lot more
Oh yeah, I watched the video, it looks like when plugged into USB it works on every console. how is the switch though? Can you plug in USB controllers?

I have a few Xbox360 controllers, and they have little adapters from USB to a 360 plug. I assume this will be in the box?

Back