Alex's Falldown

Alex.

Retired
This is a falldown game for the GP2X, with music by TymPanic Productions.

Download from the GP2X archive

alex_falldown_1.png
alex_falldown_2.png

It's a rewrite of my older falldown game, Downfall. Here's what's new:

-> cpu set to 64MHz (uses mmuhack and ram timings), good news for the batteries
-> more bar colours, longer play time, bigger scores to be achieved
-> more polish everywhere
-> smaller file size

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your comments!

PoisonedV said:
Had one like this on my calculator
Falldown is a classic on the TI-8X calculators :) I'm curious what the original Falldown is, but Google only finds Flash versions of the game and little else. Perhaps the original comes from the TI scene after all?

Alex. said:
Thanks for your comments!

PoisonedV said:
Had one like this on my calculator
Falldown is a classic on the TI-8X calculators :) I'm curious what the original Falldown is, but Google only finds Flash versions of the game and little else. Perhaps the original comes from the TI scene after all?

I recall a similar game on the ti99 only I thought horizontal rather than vertical. This one looks rather excellent.

Just reached the green level. 193648 points. Is that a good score?

Could be nice to add some bonus points, or bonus features like temp stop, temp increase, break through wall for a kind of special mode.
Something like this:

__.......______......______

....B1.................. B2
_____.... ____... ______

Just an idea, it is already fun as it is.

b_o_b said:
Just reached the green level. 193648 points. Is that a good score?

Could be nice to add some bonus points, or bonus features like temp stop, temp increase, break through wall for a kind of special mode.
Something like this:

__.......______......______

....B1.................. B2
_____.... ____... ______

Just an idea, it is already fun as it is.
Cool idea, I will work it in the next time I'll come back to this :)

And that's not a bad score at all, although I'm afraid I've got you beat with 255044 ;) There's a tad of luck involved and not just skill, so sometimes you get an easier time and manage a higher score.

I've always loved this game. nice to see an update. Looks a bit nicer overall now. plus increase in speed in difficulty is much more gradual now.

one gripe: now you can move ONLY with the shoulder buttons. while probably preferable for most people it was nice to have the option to use the control pad/joystick or the A and B buttons as well. I'm sure you don't want to do any more major work on the game but bring back those control options would be nice.

anyway thanks for the update. has a permanent spot on my sd card.

Fun game Alex, my first game I scored 226590 and my second I got 235894 so nearly reached your highscore.

I love playing the original one. Thanks for this update. :)

Very fun game, thanks Alex. Nice package all round, simple and sweet.

It would be great to use the d-pad for the left-right movement as well. Probably not something many people worry about, but I like to have one-handed games to play when I ninja out of the office for a ciggie. :D

I made a small update that lets you steer the ball with the pad and A & B in addition to the shoulders. You can get it from the archive as soon as it gets approved. Overwrite the old Falldown file with the new one to install.

Thanks for your replies everyone! By the way, you now have a new hiscore to beat, 307580 :)

Back