Adding characters to paintown?

reboot

I'm probably out of luck asking this seeing as how the last thread about paintown was from Jan 2011 :)

I have some old characters I want to add to the mugen part of the paintown pnd from the old repo.

Normally in mugen there would be a chars folder where you put them, then add the name to your config file.

From a bit of googling it seems that paintown adds new characters automatically when put in the appropriate folder, but when I add them to the same folder as the default kung fu man character I break mugen. I have never used paintown before and I'm a bit lost.

I have tried making new folders and the like but no luck.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Thanks!

From what i can tell the only mugen that work with paintown are ones from the first mugen engine. Trust me i have been pulling my hair out with all the crashing it does when trying to see who does and doesnt work. I found paintown a few months ago and i have been trying my hardest to make good build for android. As for windows mugen im a fanatic. I have well over 2000 characters and i keep finding more and more. I want to make a good build for android so it can be put on the playstore. Soem folks are afraid of doing because of legalities but it is freeware so as long as are not selling it then it should be fine. 

Yep I've been having problems getting them to work to. I figured how to add on to it like a intro, but can't get the music to play for it. When I look for a character I look for winmugen but still messed up. They won't fight they just stand there. I can't find that program mugen had were it sets up everything, like who fight who do tournaments and and put character s in the select.def file automatically.

Back