About The Lcd...

Jarska333

What do you want?
Website
Visit site
I have a question to those 2X owners who had/have a GP32 BLU/BLU+...

How is the screen on your 2X compared to the 32? My BLU+ had a crystal clear picture, only when overclocked did few moire-lines appear.

Now, I can tweak my 2X to the point, where no moire-lines show up, however, there is allways a shimmer, similar to cheap/old LCD-monitors. Far from 32's quality. How about you? I'm starting to think it is actually a fault, sub-par construction/part(s), because only few people have mentioned anything of the like, so I figured most people don't have such problem. :(

Another, more general question, does operating the stick cause problems to the LCD?

Only thing I noticed about the screen is that it is an interlaced screen, as opposed to progressive.

And the stick causes the liquid crystal to shimmer a bit... but nothing too serious. I don't think it can really do much harm.

I think that the screen on the GP2X is much brighter and sharper than my BLU. But that is my personal opinion.
Oh, and the lines aren't really noticable since I removed one of the three sticky pads on the back of the CPU.

PokeParadox posted on Feb 21 2006 at 10:30 PM said:
Only thing I noticed about the screen is that it is an interlaced screen, as opposed to progressive.

And the stick causes the liquid crystal to shimmer a bit... but nothing too serious. I don't think it can really do much harm.

That's the thing, my shimmering is constant... :( Irritates my eyes... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
The image is sharper and brighter, but there is the interlacing and I also get much more scanlines - if this is the name for the diagonal fast running lines as on the GP32 they were vertical lines running from left to right. Yet on the GP32 they only appear in some apps and at higher cpu speeds.

Back