A Way To Maybe Solve The Wiz Xyab Dpad Promblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARIOPARTY53

Still Fresh
BUTTONS.jpg

Thats a simple mod, really easy, I will do it if i get a wiz, you might not even need to take the wiz apart if you super carefull!

Are you suggesting just cutting along the 'X'?

If so that has been said before and pointed out that the four cut bits will not be properly held and will fall out...

edit: linked added

Last edited by a moderator:
MARIOPARTY53 said:
BUTTONS.jpg

Thats a simple mod, really easy, I will do it if i get a wiz, you might not even need to take the wiz apart if you super carefull!
the outside has of the dpad under the faceplate, has more plastic, and it would still stay

and if it dosnt, bondo under the Dpad, to the rubber contacts

TaG said:
Are you suggesting just cutting along the 'X'?

If so that has been said before and pointed out that the four cut bits will not be properly held and will fall out...
I agree with TaG, I'm pretty sure they would fall out, so i would suggest opening up the thing first to take a closer look. If the d-pad has a lip on the bottom to stop the pieces from falling out it might work, but still from cutting they could eventually slide out somehow.

But don't let this constructive criticism stop you from anything, we'll never know until it has been attempted. :D

therealadmin said:
But don't let this constructive criticism stop you from anything, we'll never know until it has been attempted. :D

I agree.

The downside is you have to buy the thing first, then invalidate your warranty and with what I've read about GPH quality I'm not convinced that's a good idea.

The distributor gp2x.co.uk, known as Craigix on these boards, has stated he will give you real buttons to use instead of the dumb dpad if GPH is stupid enough to release it like this.

Why do GPH have to be so stupid? 4 remakes of the GP2X and we never got a real dpad (f200 isn't a dpad), they must be laughing their Asses off because now we have 2 dpads and no buttons.

And I assume that he will not invalidate your warranty unless you are dumb enough to shove a screwdriver through the circuit board when you install the buttons.

it took me a while to decipher what you wrote, but i'd have to agree with bot TaG and therealadmin, it would probaly fall out, none the less, if you get one and do it, post it here to see how it turned out!

CRAIG PROMISED HE WILL MAKE BUTTONS

HE WILL GIVE THEM FREE TO gp2x.co.uk BUYERS

There is a post somewhere, if you can't be bothered to find it then by all means, pour glue in your expensive new toy.

craigix said:
Yep, i'll make an official post on this soon.
Thanks, this is one reason why we who follow the Pandora are so keen on it.

You go the extra mile to help people with products you don't even produce.

I know that if it had been feasible to give the GP2X a Dpad you would have done it.

Cheers on being a fine person. :)

anexanhume said:
What about us american buyers? If craig makes a mod, will the US store stock it?

Surely that depends on the American store - whether they want to do it, whether they can come to an arrangement with Craig or decide to do their own mod. as neither they or Craig has made an announcement yet...

Worst case, buy from Craig and pay shipping.

Wasn't there a few developers on these boards who already received a Wiz unit (oh man, the sound of that!) to work on? I'd be interested to hear their opinion about the dpad and how much it really does affect the gameplay.

Go spill the beans guys! :)

"SunSpire"

To all the people saying "Glue the buttons to the rubber contacts!!11"...... Wont work. I have worked a LOT with rubber membrane buttons sytems, and not only does it flex too much to hold, but the buttons would feel really funky.

SunSpire said:
Wasn't there a few developers on these boards who already received a Wiz unit (oh man, the sound of that!) to work on? I'd be interested to hear their opinion about the dpad and how much it really does affect the gameplay.
Ed has one and says the double d-pad is less than ideal.

bondo, chualk, that would feel fine, Guys I have modded and repaired systems for 6 years, I know alot, soldering etc

oh, Im still going to get a pandora, or psp, and downgrade

Bondo is even worse! no way would it stick to flexible rubber.

try and do this mod to a ds dpad. Try bondo, glue, whatever. It wont work!

MARIOPARTY53 said:
BUTTONS.jpg

Sensible suggestion, or the scrawlings of a madman. You decide.

Nova said:
Sensible suggestion, or the scrawlings of a madman. You decide.
lmao, scrawlings of a madman. if it were written in blood on a wall, I would actually find it scary. but then again, anything written on a wall with blood would be scary, if you were scared of blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back