A little help...

orangemapped

Still Fresh
Website
www.orangemapped.co.uk
Edit: Please! Someone?? I'm dying with impatiency... if thats a word.

I have my GP32 - woo! But I cant use it...

I need to install the first set of 'apps' with a PC (authentication program - primarily), because the software isnt mac compatible (I'm a mac user btw). I thought - fair enuff, I'll download it on my mac (burn it to disc), and go upstairs and install it on the PC.

BUT...

The PC needs a net connection, which I dont have for it.
My PC is so crap that it wont support broadband, and I dont have any other accounts with ISPs. So not setting one up. My PC isnt even close enough to any phone line...

So, to use the GP32 - I need what I dont have...

Any suggestions? Because everything GP32 seems to be Windows based, with no support for other OSs. (btw, I am a complete n00b to setting it all up, or most things GP32 like - so simple good explainations would be of help)

Thanks,

You lost me dude.Why does your pc need a net connection?If you download all the software you need on your mac then burn it all to a cd,take it to your pc then run the software there.You don't need your pc to be online-all it needs is a USB connection which you can get seperatly if it aint got one built in.Or am I missing the point?

Hmm, maybe I'm missing the point... :unsure:

From the Authentication readme:

"GP32 Authentication Wizard Program is designed to make GP32 Authentication ID
registered in Game Park's web site."

And further down it shows a shot of a username and password and a 'sign in' button.

So, I pressume it needs a net connection...

...if I'm wrong, shoot me. :p

Klown posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
You NEED the interent.

And if you have no net connection why even bother with the console as most of the stuff you need to download :blink:
I have my mac, which has broadband.

I also have a PC - without a net connection. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Klown posted on Jul 22 2003 said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, i see. I think there is a mac version of pc link floating about.. If not then the boys on irc can help get you running.
but isnt that just for transferring files??

i need to authenticate first (using a pc), so I can download freelauncher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know if you network 2 pc's together and one has a net connection you can access the net with the other pc using the network.Can you network a pc and a mac and get internet sharing? (I never used a mac so this is just a guess)

Yeah I believe you can get the freelauncher from the IRC channel #GP32DEV, and it will encrypt it for your GP, at least that USED to be possible I haven't done it for a while :)

goto #GP32DEV on EFNET and type !encrypt your-puid-here free_launcher to get it

Edit: Thanks Avigrace, just read ure posts.

I'm not sure about net sharing...
...but most likely.

Its just that, its going to be a lot of effort...

I'm very grateful for the advice and everything, but I'm gonna slightly stir this in a different direction...

...if I go round a mates, and use their PC to get the GP32 authenticated, and then download freelauncher.

Would it be possible for me to do the rest on my mac at home using MacLink? :huh:

Yup-That would work and probably be best.Typical of me thinking of the complex solution.I just like messing around with computers I guess :p

There's also a guy on #gp32dev and #gp32 on Efnet who only uses a Mac - Mr_Spiv. So he's written some software to let you link on a Mac - command-line, albeit, but nonetheless. Might want a word with him...

Back