A Different Flavour Of Bricking...

Mr_Munk

Website
www.notofficial.co.uk
Hi all,

I was messing around, making a new skin for the GP2X, the most recent imgall.gpu ran with sucess, but since then although the menu functions fine, the screens overwrite each other and I can't read my SD card.

So far, I tried formatting the card, and then fresh batteries, and yet, nothing. The SD card reads fine on my mac and on my PC. I'm running out of ideas...

Help1111

Don't forget that firmware upgrading and in menu support use totally different SD access routines (the firmware ones are built into uboot, which in the 2x's case is the Linux loader, whereas the the menu uses ones built into linux)

Do you have a serial cable? It would make things a lot easier to diagnose, and possibly fix.

Just re-install the original "skins"

... you can get it here:

Default Skin

Just run "imgall" and it should restore to the original interface :)

Cheers guys,

TelcoLou: Sadly I can't see anything when I look at my SD card through any of the browsers, including the utilities one, therefore I can't resinstall the originals :(

Squidge: Oh no, you're saying that the card really can't be read? and no serial cable, I hear they'll be available soon though...

What a mess :lol:

<<Edit>>

Serial cable is not cheap, £25, is this absolutely the only way to sort this out ?

Back