A Couple Of Questions About Gba Emu

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
1. Will it have support for zipped roms? it'll save huge space on my memory card(s).

2. Will it have a marquee option like the GBC emulator for the 2X?

3. Will it have TV-Out support? (yes, I know I ask this about every emulator)

4. Will it have configurable controls?

5. Can this go full speed what with the pando's hardware and all?

Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions.

jakshep2 said:
1. Will it have support for zipped roms? it'll save huge space on my memory card(s).
Yes.

jakshep2 said:
I have no idea what this is.

jakshep2 said:
3. Will it have TV-Out support? (yes, I know I ask this about every emulator)
If done correctly, this won't have to be something individual programs will have to support. It'll just work for everything.

jakshep2 said:
4. Will it have configurable controls?
Yes.

jakshep2 said:
5. Can this go full speed what with the pando's hardware and all?
Of course.

jakshep2 said:
Thanks for taking your time to answer my questions.
You're welcome :B

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
jakshep2 said:
I have no idea what this is.

It's the background image border that fills the unused screenspace, if you are not stretching the emulated image.
(Like super gameboy borders)

It won't need that since the Pandora resolution is almost exactly 3x the one from the GBA in each direction :)

(240x160 * 3 = 720x480 - Pandora screen: 800x480)

Tinnus said:
It won't need that since the Pandora resolution is almost exactly 3x the one from the GBA in each direction :)

(240x160 * 3 = 720x480 - Pandora screen: 800x480)
Oooh, very nice. The only issue with this is that a user might not want to have the game stretched to 3x (for whatever reason). I know people who prefer to play emulated games at the native size. The option should still be implemented, as I'm sure that scaling will be an option and not forced to 3x.

Vorporeal said:
Oooh, very nice. The only issue with this is that a user might not want to have the game stretched to 3x (for whatever reason). I know people who prefer to play emulated games at the native size. The option should still be implemented, as I'm sure that scaling will be an option and not forced to 3x.
I'm sure, the GBA Emulator will give us enough scaling/stretching Options to satisfy everyone.
But Original GBA res onto the Pandora Screen? :lol: The original GBA Screen was even tiny onto the 320x240 GP2X LCD but there I play without stretching because the GBA image looks incredible ugly with full-screen-stretching.

But the Pandora Screen will fit perfectly 3X is the Size I want to use. The Pixels of the Screen are so tiny that even a 3x stretched GBA image will look as good as onto the Original Hardware.

I would like to add a 6. Question....

6. how low can (could) we clock the Pandora and still play all (or the most) GBA Games full speed? :) For lazy people like me it would be great if the Pandora Emulators would support this nice Auto-Clock feature of the OMAP Chipset. ;) No more MHz settings per hand ( like onto GP2X)

If you make it 2x without any filtering it should look like the original thing in a slightly bigger screen.

I just hope it has an hq3x/lq3x mode ;) That would look AWESOME.

fusion_power said:
I would like to add a 6. Question....

6. how low can (could) we clock the Pandora and still play all (or the most) GBA Games full speed? :) For lazy people like me it would be great if the Pandora Emulators would support this nice Auto-Clock feature of the OMAP Chipset. ;) No more MHz settings per hand ( like onto GP2X)
I don't know. In theory, if the memory speed is kept the same, then at the same clocks Pandora should be a lot better than GP2X. But it'll depend tremendously on the game and on whether or not I can get gpSP faster.

Tinnus; Don't hold your breath ;p I'll think about it though.

Tinnus said:
If you make it 2x without any filtering it should look like the original thing in a slightly bigger screen.

I just hope it has an hq3x/lq3x mode ;) That would look AWESOME.
Explain for the uneducated?

Exophase said:
Tinnus; Don't hold your breath ;p I'll think about it though.

Just tell me if you decide against it and I will do it myself :p

Explain for the uneducated?

First line: just double the pixels and it shoould still look as sharp as a GBA, just a little bigger.

Second line: hq3x is a nice filter for 2D cartoon-like images

Tinnus said:
Unfortunately for you, I won't be releasing the source.

Exophase said:
Tinnus said:

Are you talking about a completely different emu than gpsp? If you release a derivative work of gpsp you have to release the source because it is under the GPL.

pder said:
Exophase said:
Are you talking about a completely different emu than gpsp? If you release a derivative work of gpsp you have to release the source because it is under the GPL.

Actually, Exophase wrote gPSP, so he can relicense the source however he wants...of course any gPSP code already released under GPL would stay free, but he can release modified proprietary versions.

pder said:
Joke's on you buddy ;D Won't be under the GPL anymore for long!

fusion_power said:
But the Pandora Screen will fit perfectly 3X is the Size I want to use. The Pixels of the Screen are so tiny that even a 3x stretched GBA image will look as good as onto the Original Hardware.
Tinnus said:
Well if you double pixels it's actually quite noticeable on Pandora's LCD, it feels similar to emu with pixel double mode on TFT PC monitors.

Exophase said:
pder said:
Joke's on you buddy ;D Won't be under the GPL anymore for long!

Why aren't you releasing the source? You planning on making a commercial emulator?

Back