A bitrate guide please?

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
What would be handy is a site that gave you a grid of bitrates against times of the film and resolution. For example, if i wanted to fit a film thats between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 mins at 320 by 176 resolution at 32kbs sound then what could be the maximum bitrate for the video that i could use to fit it onto an smc. I think that catroon kind of stuff compresses better so there could maybe be different guides for different kinds of film. Just an idea if anyone is looking into making a website. I think it would be well used by regular video encoders.

Do a google search for Divx Bitrate Calculator. Look for the java one. You can enter in the length of the movie, how many kbps your sound is, and then how big you want the file to be. It will then give you a bitrate, and if you encode at this bitrate, then your file will be as big as the one you entered earlier. B) Have fun

Or just use 2-pass Xvid, you can enter the filesize you want, but if you do it ridiculously small it will turn out a lot bigger, and if you do it ridicuosly high, it'll turn out smaller, but it's usually accurate within ~.5MB I think

Back