5 Euro Wrt54g?

OmarNawaz

Hiya

Was wondering if any of you guys have come across this Fon subsidised router business

Basically the terms are you agree to share you internet connection with the public for a year

They come with a custome firmware that monitors this, however there "devious" methods to bypass this by reflashing

Seems like a cool deal since there is noone with wifi on my street and I dont mind sharing with the odd psp or ds user, although I only have a 512 connection and if my bandwidth gets leeched well then...I might resort to affore mentioned "devious" methods. :ph34r:

I used this offer back when it was 25 EUR, since you have to pay tax and shipping as well it worked out to £25. The router works great! And I have no issues with sharing my wireless, as there's never anyone using it, ever. I personally use the newest DD-WRT with chillispots customised to still work with FON, I did this because the FON firmware is restricted a little and I wanted to get around that. To find out how to do the whole DD-WRT and chillispots thing, check on the FON boards. Best of luck!

There was something about FON on hack-a-day recently if your interested in modifying a fon-subsidised routers firmware.

Back