4 Questions From A Relative Noob

David Holliss

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Rather than start loads of topics, tried to save up and group all my questions together, all help/answers appreciated.

1. With GP Speccy when I try and load a rom all I get is the Speccy white screen with flashing cursor, what am I missing ? (the roms are in the right folder)

2. My GP32 is only 100% stable at 133mhz, even at 140 it locks now and again, is this the case with most of the models are am I just unlucky :(

3. I (as everyone probably) would like to play SNES games at better frames rate, say I get 12fps at 133mhz, does the logical theory work that a 180mhz machine would play at 20fps apply ?

4. When I switch "show fps on" there is another figure underneath, is this the processor speed ?

Thanks, David

I tweaked around with the settings to make Harvest moon run at full speed, u tried with and without sound. My result? With sound = around 11 fps. Without ~20/fullspeed.

I used this settings.

Video

Frame skip: 1
Video mode : 8bpp
V-sync : Off

Sound

Stereo : off
Freq: 11
quality : 8bits
Samples decoder: alt1

Hack

BG0-3 on, sprites on
HDMA, URQ, Fast sprites Off
Cpu cycle -5

Im using a GP32 Blu @ 133mhz
at 160mhz it ran at OMFG 27 fps ^^

Some games (Like F-zero) Need to have HDMA and URQ enabled tho.

2. My GP32 is only 100% stable at 133mhz, even at 140 it locks now and again, is this the case with most of the models are am I just unlucky
gp is only guarented 133mhz so evrything above is luck (only gbax sells guaranted 166/180mhz gps). i sugest you the volt mod, that would bring you to 166mhz if you are not very unlucky. in the uk http://www.console-fix.co.uk/ is doing it

Bohica posted on Jul 21 2004 at 01:45 PM said:
1) Load "" (it's the 'J' key - the symbol-shift P)
sorry at being thick (again) I press "L" to get keyboard up, click on symbol shift, go back to speccy screen press down (p) and no speechmarks, please help

Last edited by a moderator:
David Holliss posted on Jul 21 2004 at 05:40 AM said:
4. When I switch "show fps on" there is another figure underneath, is this the processor speed ?
IIRC, the top number is how fast it is running in percentage and the bottom is at how many frames per second it is running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back