3D printable sata adapter sleeve

pimaster

Very Active Member
2021-06-16 10.45.29.jpg
2021-06-16 10.45.46.jpg
2021-06-16 10.46.09.jpg

Designed this last year. Happy to finally be able to print it and make it fit snugly.
Printed with a .4mm nozzle with .2mm layer heights on an UP! mini.

Happy to let anyone else print it.
(Had to add stl to a zip for the forum to accept it)

Attachments

• PyraAdapter.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 143
How did you get the adapter? I thought they weren't ready yet.

And thanks, I'm going to print this for sure once I get my adapter.

Theoretically I am happy and print and post the sleeve but I worry about the cost of postage from Australia. It's getting close to $40AUD. It doesn't make sense to pay more in postage than the device costs. Which is why I'm happy for people to print it.
If you don't have access to a printer, try checking out a maker space. If you are still happy shell out cash, send me a PM.
How did you get the adapter? I thought they weren't ready yet.
It was just in the store when I checked out at the end of May. I don't know how long it has been there. I've been avoiding checking the store page regularly because it would have driven me nuts waiting :p

Thanks for all the love. I hope there isn't too much variation in the adapter boards that it could cause problems.

-edit-
Interesting thought. I could print 10-20 of them and post them to ED. Then when people buy the adapter ED could include the sleeve. That would reduce the impact of the postage price. I still think it's more economical if people could source them locally.

Last edited:
And those services include local print shops where you can bring a file and have it printed (license permitting).

Back