21st October 2005

Kop_007

Istanbul Red
RM02205_box.jpg

B0009XH4DO.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Konami and SI games know what they're doing. I think the boys at SI have more to do with the same day release, they know how special it will be to release the two games that define electronic football on the same day.

18 Days to go. :D

any day that you dont get thrashed 1-4 ought to be a happy day ;)

leeds,leeds,leeds

:) sweet whens pes5 out on the ps2? hope that the guy that did the update for pes4 (the one with the music and graphics change) does another update.

Cant wait for FM2006 too do you know when its out for the psp?

Gaz.

moz posted on Oct 3 2005 at 11:00 AM said:
any day that you dont get thrashed 1-4 ought to be a happy day ;)

leeds,leeds,leeds

Champions of Europe.

5 times.

Defeated Chelsea when it really mattered.

Bought the title.

Winter 2005 for FM PSP.

PES5 PS2 and XBOX out 21st October, PC out a week later.

There's countless patches for all the PES/WEs. For best results, I always do my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you change the music and background pictures and the faces and other stuff like that guy did for the ps2 patch?

The best place for you to start would be Evo Web.

That's the big PES/WE community.

Lots of tutorials there.

Some of it may seem daunting at first, but it's all really easy to do.

My XBOX version is pimped to the rafters with all kinds of stuff - I particularly like the photo I put of me and my mate on the sign at the club house (the big Konami one).

This is basically what you need:

All PES/WE games (PS2, XBOX, PC - even PSP) use AFS files. These AFS files always consist of a a graphics afs, sound afs and language afs.

The graphics one is what you want to change graphics such as kits, faces, adboards, balls, boots, banners, some menus, stadiums etc.

The language one deals with...erm...the language...this is how people edit the language in the Jap version. However, it also contains some menu backgrounds etc.

The sound one contains the menu music and all other sound effects - such as chants. Even the music that goes off when the players walk onto the pitch can be changed - I , like everyone else, have the Champions League music.

The intro can also be changed, I currently use X-Group's 1.2 video as it is excellent (unlike their other work).

To edit the sound, you'll need AFS Explorer and something like Nero wave editor (it's all in the tutorials).

The graphics are really is to change. Someone has created a tool specific to PES/WE (it also works for some other Konami games that us AFS), meaning that in most cases, editing graphics in the game is as simple as drag and drop and then burn. The tool is Graphics Studio.

Get over to Evo-Web though, loads of tutorials, really is easy to do. It would be best if you got the pc version to practice on as you wont' have to keep burning/transferring files to the XBOX/PS2.

oooh, XBOX version today. ;)

im gonna order the pes4 pc version now £14.99 BARGAIN! so i can try this out, is the pc version online multiplayer too?

EDIT

just thought, i'd be best waiting for pes5 then doing it on that? instead of spending £15 then another £35 on pes5 when it comes out

i've got the pes3 pc version, would i be able to learn with that?

Yeah, I'd wait.

PES on the PC has online multiplayer of course. There's some game loaders out there that make finding an opponent easy.

I never had PES3 on the PC but I did modify WE7 on the PS2 considerably....there are changes each year, but I think the tools are backward compatible (don't take my word for it) so give it a go...it can't hurt.

It will at least give you a sense of what it all looks like inside the AFS.

just had a quick look at evoweb and registered found all the tools in the editing section so i'll download them later and have a play around.

cheers kop.

Mark posted on Oct 6 2005 at 10:07 PM said:
www.hmv.co.uk

Xbox and PS2 versions of Pro Evo 5 up for Pre-Order at £14.99.

*Has ordered 3, plans to order 3 more*
wtf?

that's ridiculously cheap. Ordered one.

they cant do that. (i've ordered to this morning :)

if they've made a mistake they've still got to sell it to us for the price that we bought it at.

*EDIT*

Just checked my confirmation email and its said that i've been charged the £29.99!

I've just emailed them now, i'll let you know what they say

Gaz.

http://www.ed-u.com/online-price-mistakes.htm

^it seems that recieving an email confirmation is important.

from the email sent to me-

This email does not act as a contract between HMV Guernsey and yourself. The contract will not be formed until HMV Guernsey charges your credit card at the point of despatch of the goods. We will send you an email to let you know the goods have been despatched to you, and your offer has been accepted.

however, it also says....

PLEASE NOTE: We endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers throughout the HMV web site, but please remember stocks are limited and subject to availability. Certain items may also be restricted to one copy per customer, and this will be indicated on the web site, or communicated to you via email. In these circumstances, we may amend your order prior to despatch.

which makes me think it probably wasnt a mistake, just something limited to a certain amount of copies to drill up interest.

gary.mckeown posted on Oct 7 2005 at 10:49 AM said:
Just checked my confirmation email and its said that i've been charged the £29.99!

I've just emailed them now, i'll let you know what they say

Gaz.
shit man, my email says I've only been charged the £14.99.

you sure you did it in time?

yeah i double checked b4 i ordered and it definately said £14.99 or i'd have ordered the pc version instead. the cheeky fuckers. i aint payin the £30. the old false advertisement thing should get them to change there price for me.

from my email-

1 HC Playstation 2 Game Pro Evolution Soccer 5 GBP 14.99

SubTotal: GBP 14.99

Shipping & Handling: GBP 00.00
Total: GBP 14.99

All amounts are in UK pounds.

maybe they ran out of cheap ones.... We'll have to see what Mark gets charged.

if they say they wont change to price i'm just gonna cancel the order and get the pc version then go to choices on the 21st and copy the ps2 version.

I've had the confirmation email saying I'll be charged £40 for the PS2 ones (I used a £5 off coupon from the net) and £45 for the Xbox ones.

If I don't get them, I haven't lost anything. If I do get them, I'll either stick them straight on Ebay or take them into GS and get some stuff I'm going to buy anyway.

Back