-

Wondering if there's any files available for the Pandora case?  The front screen portion of the case has bowed outwards since I had it, but wanting to forward a project to a friend whom happens to have a laser etcher (so thinking of a wooden or bamboo type case dealio).

I've never taken this thing out of home aside to show coworkers, but would like some case diagrams or what have you if available.  If that doesn't work then perhaps I'll get another friend to mill a chunk of stainless steel for me (have some connections).

This is just given that the metal cases never came to be, curious!

Careful or you'll wind up with 50 people wanting you to make them one too.  You'll want to give some careful thought to the 3D nature of this part, though.  It isn't going to be able to just be cut as a flat from a laser etcher - on the Pandora it is part of the hinge channel, so there is a bit more to it than meets the eye.

The bowing out of the plastic at the bottom of the screen is, believe it or not, pretty usual/normal.  Your Pandora had some double-sided-sticky to help pull that lower case lip back in towards the screen.  I have found that gently pressing them back together 'fixes' it for a while - at least until the adhesive looses the battle again.

I still suspect that the Pandora molds were 'done', didn't fit quite right after post mold thermal contraction and were hand carved to adjust so they would work - leading to these interesting the interesting and rather quaint aesthetic inconsistencies.  They aren't flaws so much as they are charm in this low production volume niche device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back